There is no secret formula on how to make a dog happy and healthy. All it requires is time, effort, affection, and of course, money. There’s a solid proof that dogs are the best animal companion and there’s no doubt that they bring a lot of joy to people. If you’re looking for ways to keep your dog happy, you’ve come to the right place!
How to make your dog happy and healthy?
If you’re wondering if what you would do in order to make your dog happy, take a look at these basic tips and ideas from the best dog owners:
- Take a lot of walks: Aside from taking them out for bathroom breaks. Why not also bring them on a long hike? One great benefit of having a dog is they encourage you to lead a healthier lifestyle.
- Gift them a baby pool: Consider giving your dog a kiddie pool if they enjoy hitting the water. If you’re going on a road trip, a trip to the lake will surely make your dog happy.
- Feed them with their healthy favorites: Happiness is a healthy pooch. Your pooch will be extremely delighted if you give them a portion of deliciously healthy food that meets their nutritional needs. Feed based on their size and needs, do not overfeed.
- Brush their teeth: Your pup’s dental routine can be a bonding time for both of you. Aside from that, it prevents them from having teeth and gum disease that may shorten their lives.
- Belly Rub. Lots of it: Who doesn’t love a good massage? After a long day of playing, giving your pooch a nice dog massage will send them to dreamland. It is relaxing, therapeutic, and strengthens pet-owner bonding.
- Treat him with nice toys: Like humans, dogs love to play on toys too. You can give them stuffed toys, chew toys, squeaky toys, reward toys, and their usual favorite, balls. Even if you don’t realize it, dog toys have tons of benefits. It stimulates their mind. Keeping them entertained and restrained from doing unwanted behaviors.
- Pick the right vet: Regular vet visits are a vital routine for dogs, but would sometime make them feel uneasy. One possible reason behind this is, you haven’t found the perfect vet for your dog. Remember, veterinarians, are not all created equal.
4 signs that your dog is happy!
There are a variety of signs that tells if your adorable pooch is indeed happy. These can be physical signs such as a high and wagging tail or behavioral like being playful. If you are wondering if your dog is really happy, check out these signs of a happy dog.
- Tail wagging: A tail that is pointed upward or stays in a neutral position and wagging slowly from side to side is a well-known body language of a happy dog.
- Relaxed ears: A floppy ears that rest naturally on their head is a good indication of a joyful pooch.
- Belly up: The tummy is a vital region of dogs. If they expose it to you, it means that they trust you completely and are very contented.
- Play bow: A playful dog would bow down his head and keep his rear high and wagging. This means that your dog is inviting you to play.
Dogs give unconditional love without asking much for return. If you follow the tips mentioned above, then without a doubt, you will make your dog’s life better.